Wednesday, January 26, 2011

a Norwex testimony

Yesterday's tip was about natural, green cleaning.  I know there are a lot of varied opinions out there on the topic, so I thought I'd give a real life testimony of one of those cleaning options.

As I mentioned, I am new to Norwex products.  Their primary product is a series of antimicrobial microfiber cloths that can clean anything... including the human body.  Today, I was talking to a friend who is also a Norwex consultant because I had some questions about how to best use the products.  She was reminding me of the varied uses of the Enviro Cloth (their standard cleaning cloth), mentioning that it can even be used to remove old carpet stains.  The beauty of these cloths is that no cleaner is involved - just water.  I immediately thought of a stain on our living room carpet.  Grandma says it has been there forever (long before we moved in)... and it has driven her crazy, because, although she used every product she could find, nothing would take out the stubborn stain.  

I decided to give my Enviro Cloth a try.  And, because I knew some would be skeptical, I took before and after pictures of the stain.

This stain is very dark and large; Grandma says she often wonders why I don't put something over it to cover it up.  I wet my Enviro Cloth, wrung it out, and liberally applied my own elbow grease as I went to town on the stain.  

After a few minutes, the stain looked like this...

For real.  Can you believe that?  No chemicals.  No cleaners.  No steam cleaning carpet machine.  
When I was finished, I rinsed the cloth clean and hung it up to dry.  

As I've mentioned, I have nothing to gain.  I'm not selling anything.  But you may want to look into these products!

Right now, I'm actually looking for more stains...

1 comment: