Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday's Tip

Today's tip is compliments of my resourceful and ingenious husband.  And, although it may not be terribly exciting, it has saved me a little hassle in the kitchen.

We don't have a garbage disposal, so we don't let food go down the drain in our sink.  However, I hate (HATE) food residue in my sink.  (I like a clean sink...)  So, for me that mean, hoping the food all got caught in the little drain stopper thingy and then picking it up and running it to the trash can, hoping for no drips.  But then one day, I saw Chuck do this...

Instead of cleaning up the food afterward, he uses my small handled colander / strainer.  After scraping most of the food into the trash, he  empties and rinses the bowls and plates over the the colander.  Then, he dumps the entire contents in the garbage.  Such a great idea, I now do it, too.


The result: a clean sink and no yucky clogged drain!

1 comment:

  1. We have a garbage disposal, but there is nothing I hate more than food stuck in that little drain. It totally icks me out even if it was perfectly good leftover food seconds before it hit the sink. :) Good idea!

    ReplyDelete