Tuesday, April 20, 2010

this is not Tuesday's Tip

i don't have one.
i don't feel like coming up with one.

i'm bored and busy all at the same time.
my left contact has been irritating me for a few days (ever since i opened a new pair), so i opened a new "left."  it's still bothering me.  maybe it's my eye.  maybe it's not.
i need a hair cut.  i'm getting a hair cut tonight.  i usually look forward to those.  not today.
i had to spank tucker to get him to be quiet for quiet time.  i hate that.  i hate that i am the downer to a 4 year old's good time.
i've been watching old episodes of The West Wing.  i really, really love that show.  i've just started season 3 (it's what i do while i fold laundry, etc - my down time).  lately, it's my escape from reality.  sometimes i'd like to jump inside someone else's for a while.  i know that the grass isn't any greener over there... but i wouldn't mind trading problems for a bit just so i can remember that mine aren't that bad.  some days i just get tired of staring at them.  you know?
we're having leftovers for dinner tonight and i don't care how anyone feels about that.  the refrigerator needs my help, and it's the least i can do.
all the seeds i planted in my seed trays this year did not sprout.  they did nothing.  nothing.  this is not a big deal, and yet, somehow, it has morphed into a metaphor for my life and i'm letting it drag me down to the trash heap where those seed cups will end up.

feel free to leave me a Tuesday's Tip as long as it does not involve a cliche about how "we all have those days."

4 comments:

  1. I love The West Wing with Seasons 2-3 being my favorites. Then, I kind of taper off with the whole censure/MS thing. We did go back towards the end though.

    No tip from me. I can make one up though. When I make roasted potatoes (chop potatoes into small pieces, sprinkle with olive oil and random herbs, salt and pepper with the option of garlic), I put everything in a gallon zip-loc bag and shake it so everything gets coasted with herbs and olive oil. I found just shaking the baking sheet around doesn't work and I end up using more oil than necessary. I also line the sheet with foil so I don't have to wash the baking sheet, but that's more me being lazy than a tip. Not a very good Earth Week tip though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life sucks sometimes. And I am starting to realize I am using Netflix as an escape sometimes from my life too- instead of lesson planning for the kids, Bible study, etc... I escape in Law and Order. Love/hate relationship with netflix...

    We are having leftovers too. No guilt here! Really, I hope you start to feel a little more hopeful- don't underestimate hormones! I sure am not lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. had a day like this yesterday--maybe hormones, maybe tired, I don't know, but I was grumpy. You are still a great writer even when you're venting. :) Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a tip--playing with legos is addictive. Do it. You'll feel like a kid again!

    ReplyDelete