Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday's Tip

well, i debated as to whether or not to have a tip this tuesday. but the one i thought of seemed fitting, so here it is:
know when to not bother posting.

really, this works with all sorts of things. you can have wonderful ideas and clever schemes, but sometimes, even time-saving methods are not as productive. i'm a big lover of schedules and lists, but i've learned that spontaneity (shudder) and flexibility are just as valuable. for example, when i decided i would post Tuesday's Tips, i was determined to do it every tuesday. even the tuesday before christmas when no one is bothering to read anyone's blogs. then, i thought about it, and i realized that doing so would be counter-productive. anyone with a blog knows that they get quite neglected over the holidays. mine sure does. so much so that my husband, after reading my last few ignored posts, decided to leave a comment - only he did it in my name since he doesn't have an account, making it look as though i was commenting on my own blog in an effort to make it seem read by someone. it made me laugh.

enjoy your christmas... and throw caution to the wind.
i'll try.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha. you just made me laugh out loud, and I REALLY needed to laugh.
    I always read your posts, if that makes you feel any better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it, but I don't always comment. The sunroom is COLD. I haven't been on the computer much b/c of it! Well, Merry Christmas to you all. I pray it is special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I read and don't comment a lot too.

    ReplyDelete