Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday's Tip

this is one of my favorite tips for this time of year, and i'm pleased to say that i came up with it all by myself.

nothing says winter like static cling. and nothing says static cling like little girls' hair (or little boys if you don't buzz 'em short like i do). when my girls were toddlers, i couldn't figure out what to do about their crazy fly-away hair in the winter. so i started carrying dryer sheets.

let me explain.

here is lucy, with a not-so-horrible case of static cling hair.
as you can see, a quick rub of the dryer sheet all over her head, and the static is gone. i actually keep them in my winter coat pocket and i've started putting them in my girls' coat pockets, too. they even come in handy when you've got static issues with pants or skirts and slips (or am i the only one out there who still wears a slip?)

many thanks to my little model. she may have a calling... what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. wow. fabulous idea. don't get brian started on static. he HATES it. and yes, Miss Lucy sure is a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little lotion works in a pinch, too. Just rub a small amount into your hands, and run your hands through the girls' hair, and it calms the flyaways. This also works (for a few minutes, anyway) on skirts and pants, if you put the lotion on your legs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I remember that spray for skirts, but I haven't used it in years, and you couldn't really use it on your head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the lotion bit myself. I always have that, and we don't use dryer sheets so rarely have those.

    That's a fantastic model you have! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete