Monday, April 18, 2011

slacker...

I know I'm not... but my poor neglected blog would say otherwise.

Life has not lent itself to blogging, although I've spent my share of time around the house.  I am now 2 1/2 weeks post-surgery (3 weeks on Wed) and am feeling really good.  I have to admit, I expected the recovery to be much faster than it was.  I know, I know... I heard it from everyone:  "You just had surgery!  Give yourself time."  There is something about a laparoscopic outpatient procedure that makes me feel like I should have just bounced right back.  Apparently, that's not the case.  I was very grateful for everyone's input - the advice of those who have had the surgery as well as all my RN friends was amazingly helpful.

I am happy to be back to the land of the eating... without pain (!)... but even more excited to be back to a somewhat regular activity level.  I did not realize how different I would feel - after 6 months of that "normal."  The pursuit of a new "normal" is still in progress, but at least it's progress.

Despite being a bit more tired than usual, I'm back to work, back to housekeeping, back to running kids all over, back to yard work (slowly...) - and, hopefully, back to blogging.  But, let's not go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment