Friday, May 6, 2011

They make me a mom

These are the ones who make me a mom... not all of who I am, but a very big part.  

Patrick's arrival into my life 9 1/2 years ago changed everything.  But he made it so easy.  Low-maintenance, low-drama,... but this kid is anything but ordinary.  I love his passion for learning and for doing what is right.  Of all my children, he is the most like me, and I yearn to protect him from "our" weaknesses.  I'm realizing he will have to discover and overcome them for himself...
 

My Chloe Joy.  She is such a wonderful person to have around.  Although her people-pleasing nature is something she will have to learn to use in moderation (rather than let it control everything), she really does desire to keep the peace.  I love watching her so effortlessly strive for excellence in everything she does.  Never have we had to "encourage" her to do a better job.

Lucy is the least like me... but none of my children has taught me as much about myself as she has.  She is full of life and excitement over the simplest things.  She is passionate about everything she encounters, whether it be people, fun, food, or sleep.  Sometimes I get tired just watching her go.

And then there was four.  Tucker completed our little family like the period at the end of a sentence.  He  seemed to add everything that was missing - including a strong-willed personality.  I embrace his all-boyness, even as I am trying to teach him to how to control it.  He is turning into a man by leaps and bounds.

Ok, so obviously, he's not my kid.  But, let's face it, I wouldn't be a mom without him.  I love Chuck for the husband he is to me, the father he is to our children, and the man he is, regardless.  

3 comments:

  1. They seem like fantastic kids, Katie. And, you are a great Mom to them. It shows in a million ways.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. LOVED this. my word, it made me emotional...

    ReplyDelete