Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday's Tip

So, here it is - a new tip. Once you get over the shock that I'm actually posting one, read on!

These days, my menu options are few. And, though my low-fat diet has evolved into my non fat diet, I am now dealing with persistent pain that doesn't seem to care what I've eaten.  So, a nonfat liquid diet has become a friendlier way for me to "eat."

I really enjoy anything that tastes like something - so smoothies are a great option.
This makes me happy...

This, not so much...

Am I the only one out there who avoids using appliances like the blender because they are a pain to clean? (gosh, I hope not...)  I hate trying to precariously get all the gunk out from around those menacing blades... because, the truth is, I've almost maimed myself more than once cleaning a make-your-life-easier-until-you-try-to-scour-it kitchen gadget.  Don't even get me started on the mandolin...

So, here is how I clean my blender.  Maybe you already do the same thing!

I add a bit of dish soap...

Then fill it about 1/3 full with water...

Put the lid back on (seriously, don't forget that part) - and turn it on.  Start slow and then turn it up.  The blender itself does the cleaning.  A few pulses at top speed will also get the lid clean!

In less than a minute, my blender is clean and I can enjoy that smoothie... and I have all my fingers.

6 comments:

  1. :) love making smoothies--the kids all like them too--but never tried this cleaning method; great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. Yes, I hate using the blender, mandolin and food processor for that reason. so annoying. and scary. hope you're back to normal soon! hollywood would be envious of your diet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did I never think of this?! And yes, I avoid using stuff that's hard to clean. I used to hate my manual chopper so much that I just chopped stuff without it. Now I have a hand held mixer/blender/processer that's easy to clean, and therefore gets used all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how Rob cleans it though you still need to clean it once in awhile, but he doesn't do it. For a couple of times a week use like we use it, it does work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOOOOOOOOOVE this tip! I use my food processor a lot and put it in the dishwasher, but it would be so much easier to just clean it like this! Great idea, kt!!

    ReplyDelete