Wednesday, March 2, 2011

and for your birthday...

Chloe is definitely my most sensitive and intuitive child.  She is always very aware of how people are feeling and, usually, acts accordingly.  So, I wasn't that surprised when a few days ago, she started asking me what I wanted for my birthday and, also, started asking if she could have access to her money.    As usual, when she asked me what I wanted I quipped, "World Peace..." which, of course, frustrated her and caused her to reply, "What do you want that I can buy you?"  And, that led to another conversation...


When she came home from school yesterday she had a few cards that she and her friends had made me - all very sweet and thoughtful.  But I couldn't help but laugh when "gift certificates" fell out of each one...




That girl knows how to make me laugh...
Happy Birthday to me :)

1 comment:

  1. That's so precious!

    Heather in Scotland
    (friend of Melanie, sister of Laura)

    ReplyDelete