Wednesday, May 20, 2009

this one's for you, geidl-girl




yesterday's sunshine and laundry motivated me to use the clothesline.  i like to use the clothesline as much as possible, but sometimes i simply forget... or don't want to be bothered.  yesterday, i didn't mind.

however, as i grabbed the bucket of clothespins that grandma has had forever, it began to crumble in my hand.  time for a new clothespin holder.

i looked online, thinking that target or walmart would have some cute solution.  nothing.  several crafty blogs, however, had all kinds of suggestions.  huh, i thought, how hard could it be?  often that question gets me in a lot of trouble.  this time it worked out ok...   






this is one of tucker's old shirts.  well, it used to be.  now, it's my new clothespin holder.  i sewed up the arm holes and the bottom and added a few other strategic stitches.  although i was quite proud of myself, i couldn't help but think that the whole process would have gone a lot faster if i had used my sewing machine.  that is, if i knew how to use my sewing machine. 


but, how hard could it be...

3 comments:

  1. Cute--and hand sewing is more relaxing anyway! However, the job was completed and that's the important thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEE IT! Great thinking! You have no idea what is buried inside of you!!! This made my day. Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - it's me and I saw that somehow you left me a note of some sort. I'm trying to figure out how to use this, still. I changed our google profile to just say Katie since Brian never actually uses it, but it's still showing up as Brian & Katie under everyone's "followers". And yes, I've started a blogger blog. Xanga is annoying me!

    ReplyDelete