Friday, July 15, 2011

I got no tips...

I have tried to think up some witty Tuesday's Tips... but it's just not happening.  Truth is, I've been too busy living tips.  Like...
- lots of grilling and easy dinners for our fast-paced summer schedule
- lots of grilling and easy dinners for lazy, HOT summer days when I don't want to be in the kitchen
- crazy advertisement-scouring, deal-finding back to school shopping
- going through the kids' school folders
- organizing the kids rooms / purging / simplifying (some of this is still on my To-Do list)
- reading for fun, reading for work, reading for both

I am sure there are others, but I just can't think of them.  This fall marks my official return to the classroom (as I will actually have a classroom), although I am still part time.  I will barely be part time, in fact, I'll most likely be there all day, but it's part time.  The kids have spent a few days in my classroom while I work on organizing and planning.  Fortunately, much of this can also be done at home, but there is just soooo much to do.  I have to admit, I had no idea how much I missed teaching.  Working is, well, work, but - then again - so is being at home.  So, I've just moved my location and restructured my schedule a bit.  

Making my transition a bit easier this fall is the fact that all 4 kids will be in school (yikes!  how did that happen?).  Even more convenient is the fact that my kids' school, my school, and our home are all within 7 minutes of each other, so I have easy access to all three.  Tucker is ready for kindergarten and the older three are excited to have him there.  I can only imagine what this year will look like.

For now, I am doing lots of reading.  I just finished The Hobbit and have moved on to Johnny Tremain.  I'm still trying to squeeze in some fun, summer reading - especially since I bought myself a Nook color.  What a fun toy! (and, yes, I can admit that it is a toy - but it's a pretty handy one).  

In addition to planning to teach totally new material for 4 preps, it's been a summer of vacation, kids, gardening, library, and pool time.  We (mostly Chuck) have lots of VBS prep ahead, the two older kids will have a week of sleep-away camp, and Chuck and I will be traveling to Minnesota for a wedding.  And with all this, I am amazed at how often I hear one of my children randomly say, "I'm bored!"  Really?  How?  When?  Gosh, I remember those summers...

That said... time for another trip to the library.  

No comments:

Post a Comment