Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday's Tip


we are in the midst of cold and flu season, and anyone with more than one person (especially more than one CHILD) in their house will tell you that germ-preventative measures are priceless - no matter what they are.  well, today's tip is one of the best when it comes to keeping the germs at bay, and it is practically cost-free and effortless (a great combination).  this tip was given to me by our school nurse as well as our dental hygienist.  both recommended we soak our toothbrushes in listerine (or any other such disinfecting mouth wash) after anyone has been sick.  our hygienist told me that no matter those little gadgets out there say,  you can NOT sterilize your toothbrush.  you can, however, sanitize them.  and that is exactly what i do.

i like this idea so much that i soak our toothbrushes once a week.  i do it when i'm cleaning the bathroom (a good way to remember).  it doesn't take much listerine - and i just leave them to soak until we're ready to use them that night.  sometimes, if we're dealing with a lot of sickness in the house, i store the "infected" individual's toothbrush in the mouthwash until they are healthy.

5 comments:

  1. That's a good idea. I actually freakishly change my toothbrush often, but maybe this will help me get over that and keep it for at least a normal amount of time. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice idea. toothbrushes in general kind of weird me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea. I, however, have a hard time remembering to clean the bathroom, so I don't know if I'd remember to do that either! lol. Gonna try to catch up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this idea! I'm with Katie, toothbrushes gross me out a little.

    ReplyDelete