Wednesday, October 28, 2009

it's the little things...

those of you who have followed me for a while, heard about the evolution of my kitchen. chuck spent nearly two years updating our kitchen, and i love it. even though it was "done" there were still a few finishing touches it lacked - mainly hardware and a curtain. recently, we added those finishing touches and i'm so pleased with the result.

here is the "original" finished kitchen...

and, now, here is my current kitchen... complete with a few changes.

there is no denying it. chuck does some good work. i am so pleased every time i walk into that room. ironically, when he's in the kitchen, all he sees is the ceiling - the only thing left to "do."

6 comments:

  1. Katie,

    It's fabulous. Truly. Light and bright and airy. The perfect space for cooking and being creative - which I know you love.

    GREAT JOB, Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Very homey. I love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the long counter- vrey useful. And it looks so nice! Dave always notices what he has left to do too- and it usually takes us a couple of years to finish our projects too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so pretty! We just got curtains for our kitchen but they are not finished yet. I just have them up anyway! lol And... It may take 5 years to put curtains on the rest of the windows in the house. Thats the one thing we just can't seem to agree on. so... we will just have curtain less windows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! My cabinets are like your's were, with no hardware. I'd like to add some knobs and handles, and I like how your's looks.

    ReplyDelete