Thursday, April 23, 2009

imagine the possibilities...

my amazingly thoughtful husband is taking lucy and tucker to school on friday for Take-Your-Child-to-Work Day.  technically, it's today, but tomorrow fit his school schedule (and my mom schedule) a little better.  

that means,...this time tomorrow,...i will be getting 2 kids ready and off to school.
and then...
after that...
i'm alone.
for a whole day.

i've been contemplating my options.  how do i want to spend this luxurious friday of solitude?
honestly, i'm just looking forward to going grocery shopping alone.
going to the bank alone (without asking for lollipops)
running countless errands alone.
hmm....what else could i do?
any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. wow. that is so cool! a day alone! i will live vicariously through you! You can do it all, really- you will finish your errands so fast that you can have the afternoon for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would grocery shop/run errands leisurely with a Starbucks, that won't get spilled or bumped or cold because of little ones. Go clothes shopping, if you need to, because then you can be in the fitting room without many comments and little ones looking under the doors. :) Then, like Mel said, I'd pick up a Greek salad from Panera Bread and eat it while reading a good book. And maybe work on my photo album. But whatever you do, sigh and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pedicure, get your hair done (but it looks great so maybe not that), buy something for yourself, go to lunch with a friend, take a nap...endless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. READ!!!

    This post made me laugh. A few weeks ago I was having a bad day and was daydreaming of what I would do with a whole day to myself, and I started to get myself stressed out because I couldn't decide. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uh... the above comment was Katie. it shows up weird. :)

    ReplyDelete